Studying in Kyrgyzstan can offer the student a unique perspective of Asian culture and the rich traditions of ancient civilisation, which have largely remained unchanged, especially in this region. After graduation, students can easily find work or apply for post-graduation anywhere in the world as they also develop a deeper understanding of Asian traditional culture.
For Indian students, pursuing higher education from Kyrgyzstan can be beneficial due to the proximity of the country to India. That way, the student doesn’t have to spend much time travelling, and it can be easier to travel home during holidays. Some of the top universities in Kyrgyzstan offer English-taught courses. These courses are considered valid and recognized around the world by international bodies. Also, the quality of education provided by universities in Kyrgyzstan is comparable to the European standards.
Why Study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
For international students, Kyrgyzstan is among the top destinations for MBBS abroad. The country is home to top medical universities offering MD, MBBS, and other medical degrees at a lower cost.
Thousands of students from countries like India, Nepal, Bangladesh, China, etc., apply for Kyrgyzstan top medical colleges to pursue their higher education abroad. The universities in the country offer quality medical education comparable to European standards.
With worldwide recognized degrees, easy admission process, no donation, and MCI approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan- the country attracts many Indian students who want to kickstart their career in the medical field with ease.
The duration of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is six years, with the first five years focused on the basics of medical sciences and clinical studies and the last one year focused on the hands-on practical training at the university’s affiliated hospitals.
Here are some of the reasons why an Indian student should pursue an MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
- Kyrgyzstan MBBS fees for Indian students is affordable, and the medium of instruction is English.
- The universities of medicine in Kyrgyzstan have a higher global ranking.
- To get admissions, entrance exams are not mandatory. A student can get direct admission after clearing NEET-UG.
- The education is affordable with no hidden charges or need for donation.
- The duration of MBBS in the country is shorter than that of most foreign nations.
- Medical universities in Kyrgyzstan have highly trained faculty members with practical industrial experience.
- Over 4000 Indian students are currently pursuing MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The universities provide coaching to the students to clear the MCI screening test.
Faculty for Medicine in Kyrgyzstan
Below mentioned is the list of MBBS faculty (for UG & PG) available in Kyrgyzstan:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Physiology
- Faculty of Surgery
- Faculty of Histology
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Preparatory Courses
Highly qualified teachers and professionals
A Kyrgyzstan MBBS university ensures high-quality education to all its international students. With rigorous selection procedure of faculty, a university ensures top-class learning. The selection of the teachers depends on their educational qualifications and professional expertise.
The majority of university staff holds either an MD or a PhD degree or is an industry expert. The teachers undertake modern teaching approaches and training techniques to get the best out of a student. These methodologies primarily involve keeping the sessions interactive and encourage critical thinking.
Teachers for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan are supportive and hospitable. Students can find assistance from them during their academic journey and even after it (if needed).
Practical training programs
The initial two years of student life are focused more on providing practical knowledge. From the 3rd year, the practical training starts where a student visits the university hospitals to gain hands-on knowledge & experience involving local patients and working under prominent doctors. With every further year, the amount of time spent in hospitals increases for better understanding and exposure of the course.
MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students involves hospital training. The medical universities have affiliations with many hospitals and medical institutions in the country.
The hospital sessions are supervised by qualified teachers with advanced training programs, new training technologies, and a technical material base. These on-field training experiences helps a student in improving the quality of medical practice.
Accommodation Facilities for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
All the top medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan offer hostel facilities to the students. The universities focus on fulfilling all the basic requirements so that the students can focus better on their studies. Here are some of the accommodation facilities provided by a Kyrgyzstan MBBS university:
- Hostel rooms are available on a single and sharing basis. Separate hostels are available for men and women.
- All rooms are equipped with a centralized heating system and air-conditioning.
- Each student gets allotted a bed, linens, chair, and table. Also, there’s a 24/7 supply of water, electricity, and security.
- The students get access to TV, phone, WiFi, and the common kitchen area.
- Canteen facilities are available to hostel students all day.
- With extra charges, a student can get regular housekeeping services and laundry services.
A student must clear the hostel fee separately, and complete all the necessary formalities to avail the hostel facility.
Top Universities for MBBS Kyrgyzstan
Located 20 km away from the national capital, Bishkek, Asian Medical Insitute is one of the top medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan. While following the European medical system, the institute offers affordable & high-quality education to aspiring medical students. The institute ranks at the 20th position among all higher education institutions in the country, making it the most in-demand medical college in Central Asia.
- Course: MBBS/MD
- Duration: 5 Years
- Accreditation & Recognition: Medical Council of India (incl. Canada, USA, Pakistan, Nepal, and more), WHO, Ministry of Health & Education of Kyrgyzstan
- Medium of Instruction: English
Founded in 1939, IK Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical University is among the oldest universities located in the national capital, Bishkek. Along with a world-class education system and availability of resources, the university offers comfortable accommodation arrangements to its students. A student can also indulge in extra-curricular activities, seminars, workshops, cultural programs, etc., organized by the university.
- Course: MBBS
- Duration: 5 Years
- Accreditation & Recognition: WHO, NMC, IMED, FAIMER
- Medium of Instruction: English
Career Scope after MBBS from Kyrgyzstan
After completing MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, a student can choose between several career options.
- Practising in India is among the most common career options that a graduate can opt for. To do that, the student must sit for the NEXT screening test. After clearing the test, the student can practice as an MBBS doctor in India. One can also choose to go to the USA for PG by clearing USMLE and UK by clearing PLAB.
- Another option is to continue further studies in a particular medical specialization. Some of the most favourable options are MD or MS after completing MBBS.
- A student can also opt to do clinical research after graduation. There are multiple organizations in India offering research programs. They also provide jobs that include Indian Council for Medical Research, TIFR, AIIMS, etc.
- One of the career options after MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is to start a private practice. A student can choose to open a personal clinic, nursing home, or hospital.
- And lastly, there is also an option of working in NGOs or Primary Health Centers. If a candidate needs more field experience, working in a rural area can provide that, along with adding value to the education.
|1st||Ophthalmology, Histology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Toxicology, Pathology, Physiology|
|2nd||Physiology, Analogy, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Histology|
|3rd||Pathology, Path Physiology, Pharmacology, Micro-Biology|
|4th - 6th||Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine
|Subjects Added for Medical Practice||Psychiatry, PSM, Anaesthesia, Orthopedics, Radiology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Neurology, General Surgery, Psychology, Cardiology, Pediatrics|
Planning to pursue further studies at the best medical college in Kyrgyzstan? Take a look at the eligibility criteria.
- The student must be at least 17 years old on or before December 31 of the admission year
- The student must have cleared 12th with at least 50% with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects. For the reserved category, the minimum qualifying marks are 45%.
- The student must have cleared the NEET examination.
Below mentioned is a complete list of documents required for admissions at Kyrgyzstan top medical colleges:
- Passport (Validity of min. 18 months)
- Birth certificate
- 10th & 12th Certificate & mark sheet
- Official invitation letter from the Asian Medical Institute, Kyrgyzstan
- Ten passport size photographs
- Authorization of documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- COVID-19 report and other medical test reports
- Paid bank receipt of 1st-year tuition fee
Cost of Living
|COST HEADS||AVERAGE COST|
|Meal – Inexpensive Restaurant||$ 4.72|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)||$ 3.54|
|Cappuccino (regular)||$ 1.24|
|Coke/Pepsi – 0.33 liter bottle||$ 0.41|
|Water (1.5 liter bottle)||$ 0.38|
|Milk – 1 litre||$ 0.58|
|White Bread – 500g||$ 0.31|
|Rice – 1kg||$ 0.85|
|Eggs – 12 pieces||$ 1.45|
|Cheese – 1kg||$ 7.17|
|Chicken – 1kg||$ 4.46|
|Fruits (apple, banana, orange etc.) – cost per kg||$ 1.30|
|Vegetables (tomato, potato, onion, lettuce etc.) – cost per kg||$ 0.48|
|One-way Ticket (Local Transport)||$ 0.12|
|Monthly Pass (Regular Price)||$ 5.90|
|Taxi Start (Normal Tariff)||$ 0.59|
|Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff)||$ 0.18|
|Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff)||$ 2.36|
|Gasoline (1 liter)||$ 0.58|
|Utilities & accomodation|
|Basic expenses (Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Garbage) for 85 sq. m. apartment||$ 37.00|
|Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local – 1min||$ 0.03|
|Internet (monthly charges for 60 Mbps broadband)||$ 15.27|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre||$ 276.88|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre||$ 196.30|
|Sports & Leisure|
|Fitness Club – monthly||$ 37.90|
|Cinema – 1 seat||$ 3.54|
|Clothing & Shoes|
|1 Pair of Jeans (known international brand)||$ 15.80|
|Dress from a branded store||$ 17.39|
|Sports/Casual shoes (Mid-Range) – 1 pair||$ 39.80|
|Formal shoes – 1 pair||$ 48.05|
While applying to study in a Kyrgyzstan medical university, one must have a student visa. Below mentioned is the process to get one:
- Before applying for a visa, ensure that your seat is reserved at the university (usually done by paying the first semester/year fee after receiving the acceptance letter).
- The student must submit original 10th & 12th mark sheets, NEET scorecard, and other documents required for the visa approval.
- It usually takes around 60 days to get a student visa. That’s why it’s best to start the process a little early.
Documents Required for the student visa:
- Filled application form
- Original invitation letter
- Secondary school certificate attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Original Passport (valid for min 1 year)
- 2 Passport size photos
- Medical certificate to prove mental & physical fitness
Services Provided By DookEdu
Below are some of the ways we can help you get into your dream medical university in Kyrgyzstan.
We assist you by giving expert tips on filling out your university form with information so that you can crack your admission process with ease.
We also provide you with end-to-end guidance so that you can get your study visa. We aim at making the process seamless and hassle-free for you. All you need is to pack your bag and reach the airport.
Travel & Accommodation
We are one of the pioneers of the travel industry in India. So, whether it is booking air tickets or finding accommodation at the best affordable rate, you can rely on us.
Our contacts at the local level in Kyrgyzstan enable us to deliver you the best local assistance and guidance you need.
Post Course Consultancy
Once you complete your course, we provide you with post-course training and career guidance.
General Information About Kyrgyzstan
About the Country
Known for its beauty and proud nomadic traditions, Kyrgyzstan is situated in Central Asia. The country got its independence in 1991 from the Soviet Union and has made many cultural & technological advancements since then.
The country is home to thousands of alpine lakes, millennia-old culture, and unforgettable horse treks. There are more than 1,066 libraries in the country, the National Library of the Kyrgyz Republic being the oldest.
Kyrgyzstan is a popular destination among tourists who wish to experience the pristine & less-explored beauty of Asia. Over the years, the country has also become popular among international students. This landlocked country is recognized globally due to its remarkable medical facilities and training programs. The diversity and a low cost of living make Kyrgyzstan a suitable spot for pursuing higher education overseas.
The currency of Kyrgyzstan is Kyrgyzstani som (Лв).
Russian and Kyrgyz are the two major languages spoken in Kyrgyzstan.
The population of Kyrgyzstan is approximately 65,24,195 people.
Security and Safety
Kyrgyzstan witnesses thousands of International students coming to the country for higher education every year. Issues like security and safety can be a major concern for both the students, as well as, the institutions.
And as far as the security at Kyrgyz universities is concerned, MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for the Indian students is totally safe. 15% of all international students enrolled in Kyrgyzstan universities are Indians, making it a home away from home. Also, there are 24/7 CCTV surveillance and security guards present to ensure the safety of the students staying at university hostels.
While planning to study in the country, students must know about as many transportation options as they can. One of the best things about Kyrgyzstan is that every road is an adventure. There are several ways to commute in the country:
Shared taxis are one of the common and most convenient ways of travelling in the country. These taxis can save time and usually take around 4-6 people in one trip. If you want to ride comfortably in shared taxis, make sure you get into the one with more space.
Markshrutkas or minivans are one of the most prefered ways of commuting in Kyrgyzstan. Locals prefer these minivans for both long and short distance rides. Marshrutkas are a cheap way to travel, but they can get crowded at times. It’s easy to find these minivans at the west station.
Another convenient and cheap ways to travel in Kyrgyzstan are buses. They are not as flexible as the other two options. But they certainly are convenient as long as you are not in a hurry (buses can make many stops before your destination).
Pro tip: Try learning phrases in Russian or Kyrgyz to help you during travel, such as asking for the ride cost, stopping the vehicle (in case you want to go to the toilet), asking for the destination, etc. Also, check the weather before heading out. That way, you can plan your outfit better.
Years of Russia’s influence is clearly visible in the culture of modern-day Kyrgyzstan. It might astound you being a foreigner, seeing an unfamiliar yet unique mixture of Kyrgyz and Russian traditions.
In the northern region or the big cities of the country, one may find Russian as a common language of communication, while in the South, it is Kyrgyz which is more commonly spoken. The people of Kyrgyzstan are known for their warmth and their welcoming nature. They are known for inviting foreigners on occasions to their traditional dinner.
Since Kyrgyzstan is a mountainous country in Central Asia, it witnesses a continental climate. That means the summers in the country are hot while the winters are cold & frosty.
Travel Time From India
It takes approximately 4-5 hours to travel from India to Kyrgyzstan.
Time Difference From India
The time in Kyrgyzstan runs 30 minutes ahead of India.
For example, if it is 5:30 pm in Kyrgyzstan, it will be 5:00 pm in India, the same day.