Established in1992, Grigol Robakidze University (GRU) is a private higher education institution in Georgia. The university is in close proximity to Tbilisi and is named after the famous Georgian Poet, Grigol Robakidze. The university is among the top 5 educational institutes in the country. GRU offers modern technology, including modelling methods, case methods, masterclasses, interactive sessions, and presentation methods for delivering lectures. Also, there are highly qualified and experienced professors & teachers. For students wishing to pursue MBBS in Georgia, Grigol Robakidze University proves to be an attractive destination. The university has one of the leading infrastructures and laboratories for medical education. The university is recognized by medical bodies, including MCI, NCEQE, Bologna Process, and WHO. With globally accepted degrees and diplomas from the university, the students can practice in India and abroad or participate in exchange programs with leading universities in Europe. With a simple admission process and affordable fee structure, the destination is becoming more and more popular among Indian students.
Why Study at Grigol Robakidze University?
There are several reasons why an Indian student should study at Grigol Rabikidze University for studying MBBS:
- With a European type campus, the university offers opportunities for students to participate in creative and educational activities.
- The medium of teaching at the university for MBBS students is English.
- The university joined the Bologna process in 2005, which means the degree from the university is recognised internationally.
- The university offers an affordable fee structure for students who wish to pursue MBBS abroad.
- Medical aspirants can expect well-ventilated buildings and air conditioning systems that make for a comfortable study environment.
- The academic staff of the university is well-known around the world. Also, the teachers and foreign professors frequently visit the university for lectures.
- The admission process does not require any donations or IELTS/TOEFL clearance.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction used at Grigol Robakidze University for MBBS is English.
Grigol Robakidze University provides the following facilities to the students pursuing MBBS:
- A standard education system with separate classrooms
- A canteen on campus that offers healthy food for all students. (Indian food is also available)
- Leisure centre and rest club for those seeking treatment or a break.
- Overnight online site on campus for students to learn and enjoy.
- Academic-scientific and recreational space
- Safe and convenient accommodations with basic amenities.
- Laboratories to develop practical skills in Chemistry, Biophysics, History, and the Anatomic museum.
- A comprehensive library of more than 20,000 books and digital units.
- State-of-the-art technology resources, including Crime Research Center.
- TV studio where students can do jobs including Auto Reporter and TV producer.
Courses & Programs
Grigol Robakidze University offers the MBBS course spanning 6 years
- Standard duration for the completion of MBBS is 6 years
- The course offers 5 years of theoretical and practical teaching
- After completion of 5 years, students must complete an internship of 1 year
Apart from MBBS and Doctor of Dental Medicine, the university offers the following courses:
- Hotel Management
- Assistant Nurse
- Dental Assistant
- English and Literature
- Broadcasting and Journalism
- Business Administration
- Tourism & Management
- Business Administration
- Political Science
- English & Literature
|2nd Semester||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester||Histology, Biochemistry, Anatomy|
|4th Semester||Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology|
|3rd||5th Semester||Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Path Physiology|
|6th Semester||Path Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology|
|4th - 6th||7th - 12th Semester||Clinical Subjects: Internal Medicine, Oncology, Psychology, Neurology, General Surgery, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Paediatrics, Gynecology & Cardiology.|
To get admission to Grigol Robakidze University, the students must fulfil the following criteria:
- The students must be at least 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The student must have completed 10+2 from a recognized university.
- The student is also required to qualify for the NEET exams for admissions.
- The students of the open category must have a minimum of 50% in PCB in 10+2. For the reserved category, the minimum marks obtained are 40%.
To initiate the admission process, the student must have the following documents:
- Filled application form
- Transfer certificate from the previous institution
- Valid passport
- Passport size photographs
- NEET examination scorecard
- Original and copy of all academic mark sheets and passing certificates
- Birth certificate
- Caste certificate (for SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Medical certificate
Accreditation and Recognition
The university has been recognized and accredited by the following international bodies:
- Medical Council of India
- Ministry of Education and Healthcare of Georgia
- World Federation of Medical Education
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- International Association for Medical Education in Europe
Cost of Living
|COST HEADS||AVERAGE COST|
|Meal – Inexpensive Restaurant||$ 7.51|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)||$ 4.51|
|Cappuccino (regular)||$ 1.37|
|Coke/Pepsi – 0.33 liter bottle||$ 0.63|
|Water (1.5 liter bottle)||$ 0.49|
|Milk – 1 litre||$ 1.02|
|White Bread – 500g||$ 0.63|
|Rice – 1kg||$ 1.15|
|Eggs – 12 pieces||$ 1.41|
|Cheese – 1kg||$ 8.03|
|Chicken – 1kg||$ 4.12|
|Fruits (apple, banana, orange etc.) – cost per kg||$ 1.13|
|Vegetables (tomato, potato, onion, lettuce etc.) – cost per kg||$ 0.71|
|One-way Ticket (Local Transport)||$ 0.26|
|Monthly Pass (Regular Price)||$ 7.89|
|Taxi Start (Normal Tariff)||$ 2.04|
|Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff)||$ 0.38|
|Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff)||$ 4.51|
|Gasoline (1 liter)||$ 1.08|
|Utilities & accomodation|
|Basic expenses (Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Garbage) for 85 sq. m. apartment||$ 104.41|
|Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local – 1min||$ 0.04|
|Internet (monthly charges for 60 Mbps broadband)||$ 6.75|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre||$ 357.58|
|Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre||$ 255.81|
|Sports & Leisure|
|Fitness Club – monthly||$ 22.60|
|Cinema – 1 seat||$ 5.63|
|Clothing & Shoes|
|1 Pair of Jeans (known international brand)||$ 68.49|
|Dress from a branded store||$ 51.04|
|Sports/Casual shoes (Mid-Range) – 1 pair||$ 90.97|
|Formal shoes – 1 pair||$ 108.41|
To avail study visa for Georgia, a student would require the following documents:
- Valid international passport
- Passport size photographs
- Health insurance
- Ravel insurance
- Housing arrangement bookings
- University acceptance letter
- Printed copy of e-visa
- Proof of adequate funds for the program duration
Our Services for You
Below are some of the ways we can help you get into your dream medical university.
We assist you by giving expert tips on filling out your university form with information so that you can crack your admission process with ease.
We also provide you with end-to-end guidance so that you can get your study visa. We aim at making the process seamless and hassle-free for you. All you need is to pack your bag and reach the airport.
Travel & Accommodation
We are one of the pioneers of the travel industry in India. So, whether it is booking air tickets or finding accommodation at the best affordable rate, you can rely on us.
Our contacts at the local level in Kazakhstan enable us to deliver you the best local assistance and guidance you need.
Post Course Consultancy
Once you complete your course, we provide you with post-course training and career guidance.
About the Country
Georgia is located in the Caucasus region lying at the intersection of Western Asia and Eastern Europe. The country is spread over 69,700 square kilometres and has a population of 3.7 million people. Georgia has a mixed culture and is famous for its hospitality traditions and cuisine. With unparalleled natural beauty and magnificent history, Georgia is a part of an ancient civilization that has its scripts and legends.
Georgia also has some of the most advanced infrastructures in the region, with smooth roads, illuminated streets, 24 hours electricity supply, water supply, natural gas, and internet all over the country. Being a student can be a blessing in this country as it is home to some of the best medical universities. Apart from the education, a student can also look forward to Ski & Sno Activities in the winter, incredible Black Sea shore, and attend various festivals that happen around the year.
About the City
Formerly known as Tiflis, Tbilisi is the capital of the Republic of Georgia. This city has a long history of Persian and Russian rule, which now boasts of its marvellous architectural structures like Soviet Modernist Structures, Eastern Orthodox Churches, and ornate art nouveau buildings. It’s also a warm and welcoming city where one can feel safe on its streets. You can explore freely at any time of the day or night, as police patrol this city’s streets 24/7. Most importantly, it is an amazing place to study abroad. According to a report by Numbeo Safety Index, the city of Tbilisi ranks 37 of 427 cities in the world for safety.
Security & Safety
Georgia is among the safest countries with one of the lowest crime rates in Europe for travellers and students alike. The government of Georgia aims to ensure the safety and security of its institutions. The country is governed by international laws and keeps security at the top priority. Over the years, the country has seen a surge in Indian communities. The majority of the testimonials from Indian students who are now settled in this country say that they felt safe and the locals are friendly. When it comes to living in Tbilisi, the majority of the streets are well-lit, and the police petrol is almost everywhere.
For travelling around in its cities and towns, Georgia offers various modes of transportation.
It is easy to spot a Marshrutka (or minibuses) in Georgia. Surviving since the soviet times, this mode of transportation is a go-to for most locals. One can catch these minibuses from any spot as they don’t have any fixed stops. Before stepping into the vehicle, you must let the driver know your destination of desire, and they will happily drop you off. The best part is that travelling in Marshrutkas is affordable.
Apart from the minibuses, there are also regular bus services in Georgia. These buses have fixed stops and boarding timings. These buses can take you to almost anywhere in the country. You can easily buy tickets for these buses from the ticket vending machine on the bus. Just don’t forget to keep the exact change with you as these machines don’t give you the change back.
You can easily spot or hire a taxi to travel around town. The fares of Georgian cabs are affordable but make sure that you ask about the trip fare beforehand. Not only does it help you from getting scammed, but it also opens room for bargaining.
There’s an underground metro in Tbilisi that has two lines and 21 stations. To travel in the metro, one needs to get a travel card available at any metro station in the city.
The railways in Georgia have lines that cover the majority of the country. It connects the capital city, Tbilisi, with various regions. You can choose between night trains, first-class cars and fast trains, depending on your purpose of commute.
Georgia has an ancient culture dating back millennia. The country’s ethnic identity is influenced by elements of European, Anatolian, Persian, Arabian, Far Eastern, and Ottoman. Georgian culture is renowned for its hospitality and tolerance. The official language of Georgia is Georgian. Most of the locals also speak in Russia. The country was a part of the Soviet Union and became independent in 1991. The country is overall safe and problems like corruption, petty/serious crimes, and terrorism are almost non-existent.
Summers in Tbilisi are warm and dry, while the winters are cold, snowy, and cloudy. The temperature usually varies between 28-88 degrees Fahrenheit in a year.
Grigol Robakidze University: Key Factors
Recognition by International Bodies
Grigol Robakidze University is recognized by international medical bodies like WHO, NMC, UNESCO, and EFPA.
The university ranks 6th in the country among higher medical educational establishments.
Direct Admission Process
Admissions to Grigol Robakidze University do not require admission tests. Only 10+2 and NEET qualification is required.
Classes in English
The medium of instruction at the university is English.
Fees for MBBS at Grigol Robakidze University are quite economical as compared to western countries and India.
Worldwide Degree Validity
MBBS degree earned from Grigol Robakidze University is valid worldwide, including in countries like the US, UK, India, and more.